What Problems Can We Solve For Your Company?
Using state-of-the-art equipment combined with our 98 years of experience working with polymers and rubber, we have manufactured over 15,000 unique products.
Our ability to manufacture custom products for you is unmatched. From coating metal parts with rubber, molded sponge rubber, all the way to dual durometers, complex molded products using in house custom-machined CNC dies.
We are the company you need to get a high-quality custom-made product out on time and within your budget. Metro Moulded Parts is here to solve your engineering problems.
We can make any polymer product for you, no matter how complex.
- Sponge rubber extrusion: jet black or colored
Hot or cold splicing
- Dense rubber parts: 25-90 durometer
- Plastic and vinyl extrusions
- Rubber-to-rubber bonding
- PVC vinyl molding and dipping
- Rubber parts with steel cores
- EPDM dense, EPDM sponge, Neoprene, SBR, Silicone,
Natural & Plastisol parts
- Textured surfaces to high-gloss finishes
- Hard-as-plastic rubber parts
- Soft to extremely soft rubber parts
- Rough-duty rubber bellows and boots
- Rubber-to-metal vulcanizing
- Sponge-to-rubber or sponge-to-metal bonding
- Permanent Painted Soft TPR
We are experts at those complex extrusion transition corners and ends.
Closed Cell Sponge Seals and Transitional Parts
Metro is one of the only companies that can mold smooth one-piece durable sponge using our exclusive microcell technology,
We are also experts at those complex extrusion transition corners and ends. These transition components are used on autos, boats, buses, motorhomes, fire engines, special cabs, buildings, and anything exposed to the weather.
Your company will save time and money during assembly, and the customer will appreciate the precise seals. Extrusions can only bend so far without collapse, distortion, and stress. Let us show you the advantages of getting away from universal seals. The exact fit saves time and money.
Let Metro’s creative team tackle your custom molded parts needs using only the finest custom made compounds.
Exceptional Custom Parts Serving a Wide Range of Industries and Applications
- Sporting Goods
Let Metro’s creative team tackle your custom molded parts needs using only the finest custom made compounds. Our parts are always resistant to the elements such as sunlight, heat, cold, and ozone.
Proprietary high technology CNC tooling, and CAD systems.
Custom Rubber Products
Metro can custom-manufacture rubber parts for almost any application.
From skyscraper window weatherstrip to in-line skate brake pads – we have the knowledge and experience to bring you the right product, on-time, the first time.
We match your high expectations with our own. Our custom capabilities include:
- Low-cost to cost-free custom molds
- Long-run or short-run production
- In-house mold design
- Short lead times
- CAD design
- CNC tooling
- Textured finishes
- Jet-black to vibrant colored rubber
- Inserts, metal cores and metal bonding
- Sponge and dense rubber extrusions
We only use the best polymers available that are sunlight and ozone protected.
Reproduction Rubber Products
Metro doesn’t compromise on quality reproductions. Our OEM reproduction rubber parts are designed to meet or exceed the quality of the original part, which may include post-production and secondary finishing operations, such as:
- Hand-trimming for smooth, close edges
- High-luster finishes from polished molds
- Reproducing features and details of the original part including those that do not show when installed
- Use of sunlight and ozone-resistant rubber compositions to prevent shrinking and cracking
- Using fresh, jet-black rubber, not gray or off-colored generic rubber
- Formulation rubber compounds that suit the function of the part – whether hard, soft or oil resistant – to ensure long life in operation
- Computer - designed and numerically machined molds cut from computer from solid aluminum or steel to ensure dimensionally accurate parts with an excellent fit
- Molding parts using 30-120 tons and more of pressure and computer- controlled high heat
Metro utilizes over 40 different compounds to create products from SUPERsoft sponge to hard-as-plastic rubber, in all colors and densities.
The formulation of all compounds is done in-house at our Minneapolis facility for complete quality control.
- Natural Silicone
- Buna N
Our warranty is the best in the industry. Better than lifetime.
Difficult Design Problems Solved
Our story dates to 1918 when John Hajicek started the first rubber manufacturing plant west of the Mississippi River. Hutchinson Rubber Company, as it was known then, has undergone many changes and missions, from manufacturing tire inner tubes for the first cars. Today it remains a family-run company that focuses on making parts that solve problems for companies that no else can.
Metro Moulded Parts, Inc. has supplied custom rubber and plastic products to industry using our state-of-the-art equipment and over 200 years combined experience working with polymers.
From coating metal parts with sponge rubber, to making custom-molded products from custom-machined dies, you can rely on Metro for the experience, know-how and advanced methods to provide you with the results you want and need.
A Metro resale program will provide higher profits with less hassle.
Thanks for considering Metro Moulded Parts, Inc. for your next specialty project.
In addition to manufacturing the highest quality automotive weatherstrip and detail rubber parts, we are suppliers of specialty rubber products and custom-designed molds for a range of industries and applications.
Whatever your specific needs, Metro will work closely with you to create new or reproduction rubber parts that have no equal.
Provide as much information as you can about your project by filling out the form below and we will contact you shortly.