YOU CAN TRUST
Why Buy Metro Moulded Parts
- Metro parts are made with a proprietary closed micro-cell technology. All parts have very smooth skin that is free of exposed cells or flaws. Furthermore, you can be confident that your parts will continue to retain a uniform size, provide even compression, and retain superior memory. Other brands are coated with an outer latex skin that will bruise, gall, blister, glaze, crack, and peel.
- Parts are molded using computerized temperature control for consistent cure cycles. This prevents scorching or under-cured parts that will last longer, look superior, and perform better.
- The parts are created with over 50 tons of pressure for perfect definition and exact detailing.
- Metro parts are made with the latest advancements in CAD and CNC milling for proper 3D contouring, assuring a perfect fit and OEM quality appearance. Our molds are milled from single metal blocks to tolerances of 0.001 in. to minimize flash lines in finished parts. Mold cavities are polished regularly to product parts with high luster and smooth contours.
- Metro parts are made locally in the USA.
- All Metro parts are guaranteed for a full 15 years. Each part comes with a certificate of guarantee. We promise that if your Metro made part fails at any time during that time they'll replace it free of charge. That's their "No Hassle" guarantee. Don't settle for a simple promise of satisfaction. Metro's warranty is the best you can get! Bar none!
- Metro products are fabricated from the highest grades of virgin rubber using state-of-the-art, computerized mold-making techniques, utilizing more than 40 different rubber compounds to match the functions and features of the original part as closely as possible.
- Metro parts are 30% softer and more durable than other brands. Simply the softest reproduction in the market.
- In addition, Metro parts provides extraordinary resistance to hardening and decay caused by exposure to ozone and UV light.
- None of Metro's parts use accelerants or cheap fillers in the molding processes, which can cause the part to prematurely age and fail.
Metro parts are made locally in the USA.
Why Not Do It Right the First Time?
Consider what it costs you in time, money, and aggravation to do something over. When you consider how much time and effort you've already invested in your restoration project, does it make sense to skimp on rubber? There's cheap stuff out there. This difference in cost is a few dollars per set of seals. But what does it cost you in the long run to buy cheap?
Just imagine the frustration of having to drill your own holes because they weren't lined up properly, replacing cheap broken pins, or adjusting and re-adjusting your doors and windows. Not to mention having to replace the seals in a few years when they will fail. And they will fail. Don't settle for less! Find out what you are getting for your money and ask for Metro quality. You'll be glad you did. There truly is a difference.
Metro parts are 30% softer and more durable than other brands. Simply the softest reproduction in the market.
Don't Be Fooled by Cheap Knockoffs
Many manufacturers design their parts to cover as wide a range of years and as many different models as possible. Others make parts from second and third generation copies. At Metro, they know that even minor differences can add up to big headaches when you go to install a part.
In Metro's opinion, close enough is NOT good enough! That's why, whenever possible, they design parts from original stock and prove they fit by installing them on an actual vehicle that they were designed for. It's just part of their commitment to provide you with the very best rubber pats available. Get the facts and you'll find out... there truly is a visible difference.
Our warranty is the best in the industry. Better than lifetime.
Checklist for Quality Weatherstripping
- Will you be able to shut your doors after installation? Or will you have to adjust them repeatably and still slam them shut?
- Are the dense rubber parts really molded? Or are they just cut out of a die material?
- Are they made with state-of-the-art rubber compounds with true sunlight and ozone resistant materials? Or are they made from an inferior or generic rubber base that will prematurely age, crack, peel or break apart?
- Are the mounting pins correct in style, color and profile? Or are they something used on various unrelated parts?
- Are all the details molded into the part? Or are some details missing because they are difficult-to-do, hidden or non-functional?
- Are the metal mold cavities made using the latest advancements in CAD technology? Or do they have crude compound curves that were cut on standard milling machines?
- Are the metal cavities cut from single stock? Or are they made from small blocks fastened together in a way that will produce unsightly flash lines?
None of Metro's parts use accelerants or cheap fillers in the molding processes, which can cause the part to prematurely age and fail.
Metro Supersoft Brand Sponge Rubber
The brand chosen by professional automobile restorers for many years, Metro SUPERsoft® EPDM sponge rubber delivers on its name! It’s up to 35% softer than other brands while performing far better than competitive products and lasting years longer.
Due to its unmatched softness and pliability, SUPERsoft® brand sponge rubber weatherstrip and seals are easier to install and fit better than other products.
Our warranty is the best in the industry. Better than lifetime.
Metro Legacy Polymers
Designed to outlast ordinary dense and solid rubber compounds, the Legacy Polymers brand represents a family of advanced rubber formulations and production techniques developed over decades.
Every Legacy Polymers rubber compound meets strict production specifications and fabrication guidelines to produce detail rubber parts and components that will outlast and outperform other solid rubber parts.
Accurate profiles that fit like the originals, with well-defined details.
Metro Dense Rubber Extrusions
- Made from smooth dies for a sleek appearance
- Accurate profiles that fit like the originals, with well-defined details
- Vulcanized in a clean bath, with no residue for you to clean off
- Tear-resistant rubber
- Jet black extrusions for a show-winning look
- Sunlight and ozone-resistant rubber that won’t shrink or crack
- Made from actual size dies, which means no guesswork on the finished profile size
- Added sealing ribs where needed
- Made to the correct softness, like the original. Not made from a work-all rubber compound